Valley District Soccer Association is offering employment and has one position available for an administrative assistant.
The successful candidate will begin the week of May 17th working until late August.
(final day to be determined.)
35 hours per week, 14.00/hour (hours may vary each week)
Position will involve some weekends and evenings.
The main headquarters for this position will be at the Credit Union Rec Complex in Kentville but will involve work within our district.
Duties involved will include but not limited too.
• Creating and working with databases, spreadsheets, and schedules.
• Updating, maintaining, and improving the districts website and social media pages.
• Assisting with youth programming offered by clubs in the district.
• Corresponding with clubs and coaches.
• Event planning, organization, and operation.
• Assisting with inventory, collection and dispersal of uniforms and equipment.
• Assisting clubs with maintenance, organization and preparation of fields and equipment.
• Ability to use and create spreadsheets with Excel and databases is a must.
• Must have access to a laptop.
• Ability to travel between communities a plus.
• Ability to work with various forms of social media and websites.
• Experience with soccer, as a player, coach, or referee.
• Experience with youth ages 3-16
• First aid Certification, coaching certification(s), WHMIS, or willingness to obtain.
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively with fellow coworkers.
Please make references available upon request.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com , applications will be accepted until Sunday May 9th. Only those that are invited for an interview will be contacted.